Frequently Asked Questions

I need to file a building permit.

Planning and Environmental Review cannot provide information on building permits. Please contact Building Permits and Inspection with building permit related inquiries. 

Am I located within the Unincorporated Area of the County?

Use our Parcel Viewer to determine if you are located within the Unincorporated Area of the County of Sacramento. Contact information for other jurisdictions​ within the County can be found on our City Planning Departments Page. If you are in the City of Sacramento, we cannot provide information on your inquiry.

I need additional help.

Try the Sacramento County 311 system!  Sacramento County 311 is a simple, three-digit number to call for help with almost any non-emergency issue in Unincorporated Sacramento County. Sac County 311 Customer Service Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with submitting any of the available service request types offered by the County. Sac County 311 also maintains a Knowledge database that helps citizens locate information about County Departments, Offices and services.

Review Code​ Enforcement FAQs for additional information and learn how to file a complaint.

Frequently Asked Questions

Please click on the planning topics below once you have determined you are in the Unincorporated County: