For specific entitlement/project inquiries, please contact Project Managers directly. For general assistance or questions, please email SacPlan@saccounty.gov.
Planning and Environmental Review (PER) public counter services are available Monday through Friday at the Downtown Business Assistance Center (BAC) located at 827 7th Street, Room 102, Sacramento, CA 95814.
Pre-Scheduled Appointments are available between 8:30 AM and 12:00 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. See appointment link below.
- Mornings: Mondays and Fridays between 8:30 AM and 11:30 AM
- Afternoons: Monday through Friday between 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM (Must be checked in by 3:30 PM).
The BAC receptionist can assist in placing you on the walk-in queue. To ensure same day service, we recommend checking in by 3:00 PM. Late check-ins may not be able to be accommodated if there are several customers already in the queue. All walk-ins will be served on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note that counter services are not available for: the County Tree Program, Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance/Landscape Plan questions, the Mitigation Monitoring Program, or South Sacramento Habitat Conservation Plan questions. See "PER Appointments and Services Not Listed:" below for more information.
Counter services available:
- General inquiries
- Affidavits, including DMV/HUD/ABC sign-offs
- Application submittals for the following:
- Administrative permits (Minor Use Permits, Temporary Use Permits, Certificates of Non-Conforming Use, Zoning Verification Letters, Substantial Compliances, Research Requests, etc.)
- Non-discretionary Design Review
- Entitlements Non-Administrative (General Plan Amendments, Rezones, Use Permits, Special Development Permits, Tentative Maps, Development Plan Reviews, etc.)
- Pre-application Meetings and Early Community Planning Advisory Council (CPAC) Workshops
- Planning review of over-the-counter building permit sign-off/review by PER only. You must have a building permit Control Number (CBNR, CBNC, APPR, MISC, etc.) for this type of permit
To ensure that other members of the public can be served in a timely fashion, appointments and walk-in services are limited to a maximum of 30 minutes.
The online appointment system is only for the above listed PER appointment types for properties located in the unincorporated areas of the County. For other services provided by PER, please see the links below.
Please prepare to arrive on time for your appointment. Arrivals later than 5 minutes from the scheduled appointment time are subject to cancellation.
PER Appointments and Services Not Listed Above
Many general questions can be answered by reviewing our FAQ page. Please see our other services listed below:
- Projects in process that have been assigned a County Control Number: please contact the assigned planner for any questions, to submit additional or requested materials, or to schedule an in-person or remote meeting. Contact us at (916) 874-6141 if you do not know the planner assigned to your project; a Control Number is needed to determine the assigned planner.
- Tree Permits Submittal procedures and Building Permit Tree Holds – visit our Tree webpage or Email Trees@saccounty.gov.
- Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO) and landscape plans – Email Landscape@saccounty.gov.
- Mitigation Monitoring & Reporting Program (MMRP) – Email MMRP@saccounty.gov.
- South Sacramento Habitat Conservation Plan (SSHCP) - Email SSHCP@saccounty.gov.
- All other inquires and services call (916) 874-6141