How to Contact Us
For specific entitlement/project inquiries, please contact Project Managers directly. For general assistance or questions, please email SacPlan@saccounty.gov.
PER Offices and the Downtown Business Assistance Center (BAC) will be closed on Tuesday, November 14th, from 12 PM to 5 PM. Regular services will resume on Wednesday, November 15th. For Building and County Engineering Services, please visit development.saccounty.gov.
** ATTENTION AT&T customers - It has been brought to our attention that customers using the AT&T email servers "att.net" & "sbcglobal.net" are not receiving emails from the County ("saccounty.gov"). This is an issue with AT&T blocking "saccounty.gov" emails; please contact your service provider. In the meantime, please email us using a different email account to ensure you are receiving our responses. **
The Building Assistance Center (BAC) has reopened as of June 21, 2021. Appointments and walk-in hours with Planning and Environmental Review at the BAC are now available Monday through Friday for limited services. Please see our Planning Counter Services webpage for the most up-to-date information about our services and to schedule an appointment.
Below is information on how to receive Planning related services. As processes change, this information will be updated:
- Public Inquiries - Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for information and prior to initiating an inquiry.
- Application Submittals – PER will continue accepting all Planning application types by email. Please review our Application Forms page for online application submittal procedures. Application fees can now be paid online.
- Application Resubmittals - For resubmittal of project materials that have already been assigned a control number, please e-mail your lead planner for directions on resubmittal. Staff contact information can be found on our Contact Us webpage.
- Public Hearings and Meetings – Most public meetings are now being conducted online. Please visit our Planning Meetings webpage for more information.
About UsPlanning and Environmental Review (PER) provides a range of land use planning services, including:
- Accepting and processing land use development applications
- Assessing environmental impacts and preparing environmental documents
- Monitoring mitigation actions
- Oversight of Countywide policy and standards through the General Plan and Zoning Code maintenance and updating.
Building Assistance Center - Planning Counter
Please see our Public Counter Service webpage for additional information on our Planning Counter Services.
Location: 827 7th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, 1st Floor
Map to Building /
Map to Parking
Appointments Only: Tuesday through Thursday 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM.
Walk-ins: All walk-ins are first-come, first-served.
Mornings- Monday & Friday 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Afternoons - Mondays through Fridays 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM (must be checked in by 3:30 PM).